Why Bobsleigh in Latvia
- A unique high standard Bob-Track
- Speeds up to 100 km/h
- A Pure Adrenaline rush & good Fun
- Beautiful setting in a National Park
Designed by Yugoslavian engineers, who built the Bobsleigh track back in the 1980’s, it is regularly used by Latvian and Russian Olympians for training. All 4 of Latvia’s medals at the 2014 Sochi winter Olympics came in bobsleigh events! The activity is available all year round, but there are some small differences:
In winter time you can experience riding in a Real Olympic class Bob piloted by professional Latvian athletes, reaching speeds of up to 100 km/h. We also offer a special attraction for the brave, called Vuchko. No pilot needed, you will navigate the twists and turns of the bob track yourself. Also a Frog is an option – going down the track head-first in a bumpy green blob.
The track is also available in Summer time. A special Summer Bob on four wheels is available, as much fun and almost as fast as the winter one.
Due to professional competitions and training there are some limitations for reservations:
- Winter activities are available from October to March, every Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Summer Bob is running from May to September, Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 to 17:00
While you are there in Sigulda we also recommend trying Bungee Jumping, a Sightseeing Tour or some of the other Outdoor activities on offer. Feel free to get in touch with us to arrange a reservation.